My first married Christmas was spent in Ireland and it would have been remiss of me not to use this as an excuse to sample the many fine spirits that the country produces – both historic and new.
As an aide memoir I have listed them below – anyone beat this for a Christmas time tipple list?
- Blackwater Juniper cask aged gin
- Bushmills Black Bush
- Bushmills 10 Single Malt
- Mitchell’s Green spot
- Mitchell’s Yellow spot
- Jameson Black Barrel
- Jameson Signature Reserve
- Jameson Caskmates
- Powers 3 Swallow
- Powers Gold Label Standard
- Powers Gold Label 43%
- Powers 12
- Redbreast 12
- Redbreast 15
- Wedding blend – blended by my father in law for the wedding
- Teeling New Make
- Teeling 15
- Teeling 21
- Teeling 23
I also imbibed the following ‘foreign spirits’
- YAMAZAKI single malt distillers reserve…..
- Whiskey Picnic blend
- Makers Mark
It’s been quiet on the DG front while I’ve been working on my booze start-up Shaken, but we’re back with a MASSIVE event to celebrate our 1 year anniversary, and what’s more … this man is back. Join us for a most unique whisky tasting – early bird on sale now.
Many of you will remember the brilliant Mark Thomson from our first event back in March 2014, and for those who don’t know him, you’ll want to – his knowledge of whisky is surpassed only by his great way of presenting it so that everyone feels like an expert.
On the night you’ll get:
- A special cocktail on arrival using one of the spirits we’ll taste later
- 5 incredible drams – tasted neat to show you the true essence of the spirit, 3 of which you can’t find in any shop
- Snacks from The Hoxton’s kitchen
- Your own whisky creation to take home and another memento of the night
- Friendly, expert information about the spirit from a world authority
- Chill out in the wonderful private space at The Hox
This event will sell out fast so get your tickets now and tell the world of your spirits love with #DrinksGalore
Mark Jennings interviews Mark Thomson, spirits expert and presenter for Drinks Galore. We discuss the spirits we tried and can’t go back to, the next ‘big’ spirits, the most unusual place to do a whisky tasting and what his ‘desert island’ spirit would be.
At Drinks Galore we believe there’s nothing better than tasting unique spirits in the company of great people. We’re talking about the kind of evening where you can learn as much from the person sitting next to you as from the drink-swilling expert.
#DrinksGalore – Elegant drinks tastings for spirited amateurs
Shot at McQueen London by Alex Blogg. See more of his fantastic work
A taster of the kind of events we put on here at Drinks Galore. Were you in this? Say hello, if not, see you at the next one.
Filmed and produced by the wonderful Alex Blogg